12021 Pennsylvania St. Suite 203
Thornton, CO 80241
• Innovative problem solver who can generate workable solutions through conflict mitigation and mediation.
• Long history of building relationships with culturally diverse populations and training in cultural sensitivity.
• Experience in mission/goal setting and organization development.
• Proven history in personnel recruitment, team building, and serving as liaison between staff, management, and the board of directors.
• Responsible for accounting, payroll, tax reporting, project planning and coordination, and service contract negotiation.
• Experienced public speaker in such settings as schools, government, corporations, and service organizations.
• Dedicated customer service and client relations.
• Team player that encourages cooperation through relationship building, effectively conveying information, and seeking multiple perspectives.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Created a training session for new Mediators who have completed their basic training on how to do a divorce. This includes the divorce process and the paperwork required by the courts.
• Developed and teach a class for individuals going through or considering a divorce.
• Coach for a 40 hour basic mediation training class. I have assisted at both Colorado Free University (CFU) and Regis University.
• Assisted the Victim Offender Reconciliation Program of Denver (VORP) to reorganize by moving from an intern/volunteer position to the Coordinator for the Community Group Conferencing Program and then Interim Program Manager.
• Developed a team atmosphere within the organizations I have been affiliated with. I have worked proactively to improve services and align staff to institute’s mission and meet the organizational goals.
• Obtained media coverage on all major Denver television stations, numerous radio stations, and in all Denver newspapers for Step 13.
• Brought initial national media attention to Step 13 program in Washington D.C.
• Addressed government representatives to solicit interest, support and backing for Step 13.
• Directed the renovation and expansion of the 28,000 square foot Men’s center for Step 13.
• Responsible for the renovation and opening of a Women’s Center for Step 13.
• Received Downtown Award on behalf of Step 13 awarded by the Denver Partnership for “Revitalizing the Spirit of Downtown Denver”, in 1987. Step 13 received other awards, including the Point of Light award developed by the Bush administration.
Mediation Resource Center, LLC Thornton, CO
Owner, Mediator 2003 – Present
• Mediation specialties include divorce and contract disputes, estates, construction, real estate, small claims, and HOA.
• Responsible for all aspects of the company, including budgeting, marketing and accounting.
• Mediation, Mediation Coach and Mediation Trainer.
• Handle both court ordered and voluntary mediation with or without attorneys.
• Member – The Mediation Association of Colorado (the MAC) Professional status 2003 to present.
Victim Offender Reconciliation Program of Denver Denver, CO
Intern Jan – May 2009
Coordinator for the Community Group Conferencing Program Dec 2009 – March 2012
Interim Program Manager for the RESTORE Program Sept 2011 – March 2012
• Receive referrals and coordinate with victims, youth, families, and volunteers.
• Administer pre/post surveys and maintain case notes and statistics of meetings.
• Responsible for coordinating with, reporting to, and billing the Denver District Attorney’s Juvenile Diversion Office.
• Facilitate and mediate community group conferencing sessions.
Kat Design and Construction, LLC Thornton, CO
Owner 2001 – 2008
• Directed all aspects of construction for commercial and residential construction.
• Responsible for all budgeting, sales, and accounting for the company.
Greystone Construction Thornton, CO
Superintendent 2000 – 2001
• Directed all aspects of construction for the building and coordination of custom homes.
• Coordinated subcontractors, scheduling, and punch list.
• Oversaw warranty work and inspection requests with the Cities of Thornton, Broomfield, and Westminster.
AAA Video Thornton, CO
Owner, Operator 1995 – 1999
• Responsible for all aspects of operation.
Step 13 Transitional Living Program Denver, CO
Founding Member of the Board of Directors 1983 – 1992
Public Relations/Fundraising Director
• Trained and managed employees in the facilities and within the administrative structure.
• Integral part in the development of the organization and achieved goals centered on the organizational mission.
• Served as a liaison between the Board of Directors and staff.
• Increased self-sufficiency rate from 15% to 70%.
• Secured private sector and foundation donations.
• Oversaw all building and renovation projects, including hiring contractors and coordinating inspections.
Metropolitan State College of Denver Denver, CO
Bachelor of Science in Human Services with a concentration in Mental Health and Counseling 2009
Additional Education and Certifications:
• Trained Mediator
• Restorative Justice and Community Group Conferencing training
• Human Services Board Certified Practitioner
• Volunteer with Victim Offender Reconciliation Program of Denver (VORP) January 2009 to March 2012
• Court Annexed Mediation Program (CAMP) 2002-2003
• Mayor’s Homeless Action Group 1990-1992
• Governor’s Task Force on the Homeless 1990-1991
• Colorado AM televised debate on Homeless Initiative in Denver 1989
• Big Brothers and Sisters of America 1984-1986