Kathryn A. Pardikes
12021 Pennsylvania St, Suite 203
Thornton, CO. 80241
- Organizational development
- Mission/Goal development
- Team building
- Personnel recruitment
- Project coordination
- Accounting, payroll, and taxes
- Service contract negotiation
- Liaison between staff, management and board of directors
Public Relations Skills
- Liaison with various government departments and management personnel
- Media coordination
- Public speaking (public service, government, schools and corporations)
- Customer service/client relations
- Coordination of project subcontractors
- Training of Mediators
Highlights of Accomplishments
- Developed a team atmosphere within the organizations I have been affiliated with. I have worked proactively to improve services, align staff to institute’s mission and meet our organizational goals.
- Obtained media coverage on all major Denver television stations, numerous radio stations and in all Denver newspapers for Step 13.
- Brought initial national media attention to Step 13 program in Washington D.C.
- Addressed government representatives to solicit interest, support and backing.
- Directed the renovation and expansion of the 28,000 square foot men’s center for Step 13.
- Responsible for the renovation and opening of a women’s center for Step 13.
- Received “Downtown Award” on behalf of Step 13 awarded by the Denver Partnership for “Revitalizing the Spirit of Downtown Denver”, in 1987. Step 13 received other awards, including the “Point of Light”.
Metropolitan State College of Denver
Bachelor of Science: Human Services with a concentration in Mental Health and Counseling
- Certified Mediator
- Restorative Justice and Community Group Conferencing
- Human Services Board Certified Practitioner
Mediation Resource Center, LLC, Owner
Thornton, CO 2003 – Present
Mediation specialties include earnest money, HOA, real estate, divorce and contract disputes among others. Responsible for all aspects of the company.
Kat Design and Construction, LLC, Owner
Thornton, CO 2001 – Present
Direct all aspects of construction for commercial and residential construction. Responsible for all budgeting, accounting and sales for the company.
Greystone Construction, Superintendent
Thornton, CO 2000 – 2001
Directed all aspects of construction of custom homes. Handled subcontractors, scheduling, punch list coordination, warranty work coordination, inspection requests, and City issues in Thornton, Broomfield and Westminster.
Harvard Commons Townhomes, LLC Superintendent
Thornton, CO 1998 – 1999
Started as a Sales Assistant, moved to Construction Superintendent, then Project Coordinator. Responsible for two town home projects consisting of 41 dwelling units.
AAA Video, Owner/Operator
Thornton, CO 1995 -1998
Step 13 Transitional Living Program, Exec. Director
Denver, CO 1983 – 1992
Original member of the founding Board. Began as a volunteer and was subsequently hired as the Public Relations/Fundraising Director, then promoted to Executive Director. Trained and managed employees in facilities and within administrative structure. Developed and achieved goals centered on organizational mission. Served as a liaison between the Board of Directors and staff. Built Step 13 from 15% self-sufficiency to 70%. Step 13 relies on private sector and foundations for the balance of the budget, avoiding government funds. Assisted in all building and renovation projects, including working with the City Inspection Departments, hired contractors, and oversaw all construction issues.
Civic Involvement Activities
- Member – Mediation Association of Colorado (MAC), Professional status 2003 to present
- Volunteer with Victim Offender Reconciliation Program of Denver (VORP) January 2009 to 2012
- Court Annexed Mediation Program (CAMP) 2002-2003
- Governor’s Task Force on the Homeless 1990-1991
- Colorado AM televised debate on Homeless Initiative in Denver 1989
- Big Brothers and Sisters of America 1984-1986